Saturday, April 20, 2013

Our Aussie Animals

This is for a challenge over at Do More with Less and it was suggested by a fabulous Aussie lady, Lizzy Hill.  This was quite a challenge for me because the only time I've cut a photo in recent years was when Georgia Heald had a challenge to cut a photo up, that was hard but this one did make sense to me because I could cut out the pieces I didn't want ie. people in the background.  Thanks for allowing me to push my boundaries with this challenge Lizzy.
Here it is and yep it's one of me.
These photos were taken on a trip to Tasmania in 2005.

Products Used:
Prima Marketing Lifetime Collection Paper from Sassy Scrapper
Kaisercraft Base Coat Paper and 'Love' stamp
Dylusions Border Stamp
Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint
American Craft Amy Tangerine Alpha
Ingvild Bolme Chalk Inks (love these thanks Belinda)
Dusty Attic Branches Chipboard
Stampin Up ink
Dimesnional Magic
Mesh from stash

14 comments:

  1. The Koalas were my favorite when I went to visit my sister last year :) I just LOVED them!! Lovely page Sandra :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page i like what you did with the pictures.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Double, triple WOW. You really have taken to this like a Duck to Water....LOVE how you've created a scene...reminiscent of the v talented Brit Sviggum's work...check her out if you haven't already. LOVE it, Sandra. CLEVER girl...glad I could be of help:):)!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful.. there are times when the cut out photo looks more impressive and this works perfectly here!! love the back ground trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh...glad you took the plunge and did the fussy-cutting! Love the fabulous scene you've created! Those stamped leaves are amazing!

    Thanks for playing along with my guest Lizzy's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous - love the dimensional bits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing! Gotta love those challenges, it does push your creativity and the results are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow - love how 3D this looks!!! I love your Aussie layout!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra, I got your message fine, I'll email you tonight, have Jesse not well at the moment...
    I love your layout, it is always inspiring to be challenged by others, and I really love your cut out photograph. I see the 'stamp' in there that you put me onto... I have not used mine as yet - shame!! LOL Talk soon.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. really cool page, I love how you cut everything out! very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks TOTALLY AWESOME.... Love the branches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun layout! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a funky layout Sandra! Looks brilliant - great take on the challenge - well done!!

    ReplyDelete