Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Paper Mixing Bowl - June Challenge


I've used Stampin' Up paper with a lovely page from a very old book called Cassell's Magazine from 1898.  I also used a Kaisercraft transparent clock face with a tiny red brad in the centre, a Making Memories metal buckle, brads, twine and netting from a RAK I won, chipboard brackets that I embossed and painted with Perfect Pearls, some washi type tape on the corners of the photo and a metal paper clip.  I sanded the edge of the photo and distressed the photo mat before adhering to the book page.
My journaling is very special to me and I recently included it in a birthday card to my wonderful husband (I did cheat a bit and searched the internet to help with my wording because I knew what I wanted to say but couldn't put it together).  The hidden journaling was also used in the card I made for his birthday.
I hand stitched the twine border after punching the holes with a paper piercer.

14 comments:

  1. Hi! What a fabulous male layout, really blokey, and makes me think of the sea and fishing with the netting.. a lovely tribute to your DH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' that stitching...goes so well with the netting, which looks really, really neat....go girl:):):)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome take on the recipe! I love the netting and stitching! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome layout, wonderful journaling and great embellishments, love that netting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Sandra L.O.V.E. this lo big time!!!! Love how it's not girly at all can never get it like that hhahahahaha always need to used flowers GRRR!
    I love the netting, stitching placing of the picture it's so cool! Thanks for sharing hugs from the rainy Netherlands Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout Sandra! I just love your stitching and the netting is fabulous! Thanks SO much for playing along with us again at The Paper Mixing Bowl! And congratulations on winning May's challenge - we look forward to having you as a Guest Designer in August! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the netting on this! The washi tape is great and the ribbon... Wonderful Layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, especially the detail with the stitching, the netting and I love your clock as well! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Mixing Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very handsome LO! I love those brackets, they look like they could have come from a scrapbook store. I hope you share more Australian adventures at the Paper Mixing Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page... love the netting detail.... so very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Sandra! Love the netting and the taped corners on your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously I cannot believe how long its been since I've had the chance to check out your work. This page is awesome love how you used masculine elements here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the netting on this is perfect! your page is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ist´s a really perfect masculine page and I love the picture also..congrats

    ReplyDelete