Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 4 - Colour Me Positive

 Week 4 theme is Believe in Yourself and the quote 'Believe in Yourself and the Magic will Happen'.

I chose a photo of me with two native Crimson Rosellas as I'm always thrilled to have the trust of native birds and animals, it truly is magic. 

I had difficulty getting my background to look how I imagined it so I kept stumbling along adding gesso to cover up a heap of black I'd used and also the really bright colours.  I used mica powders combined with sprays of water to soften my background before adding the very bright image.


a few of the process photos of the background. 



 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That's amazing....cannot believe it started out as it did! What a transformation..... I think this one came up without the photo on my fb feed..... you said you weren't so happy with it? Don't they reckon with these sorts of pages you can just keep playing? I wonder if you will do more to it yet!!!

    ReplyDelete