Friday, August 30, 2013

MIA for the month of August

Hello fellow bloggers,
I've been' missing in action' from my blog for the past month - I was on a tour of Vietnam and Cambodia.  We went on our very first organised tour with a group called 'Australian Farmers Travel' and to say we had very busy days would probably be an understatement.  We saw an amazing amount of places in these countries and learnt such a lot from very experienced and knowledgeable tour guides from different areas and provinces. 

The group consisted of 32 remarkable people from different backgrounds connected with farming, education, banking and finance.  Even though it was such a large group everyone got on well and not one person was ever late for anything.

Now back home and into the normal way of life, shopping has been done, washing hung out and soon time to think about some scrapping - yay!!!

If you're still here after such a long post I want to share with you a layout I had in the latest Australian Scrapbook Ideas edition 22.  Ironically this page was about farming.

I was also lucky enough to have a layout on the Scrapbooking Memories blog colour challenge.

I look forward to getting back into the blog world and using some of my photos from the holiday.


5 comments:

  1. Yes I have missed you! Your trip sounds wonderful though!! Well done on your layouts getting recognized, they are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 2 layouts being published, Sandra!
    Sounds like you had a great holiday...can't wait to see your pics scrapped :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your farming layout and congrats on your colour challenge layout - it is absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra, looking forwards to seeing scrappy pages of your trip, sounds like you had a wonderful time and seeing first hand through knowledgeable people is certainly a bonus. My Uncle lives over there ....Congratulations on your LO's above, I spied the one in ASI mag ... they are both gorgeous.
    You left a couple of questions on my blog - firstly, the butterflies. If you type in google, free printable butterflies, you will get a pile come up. Just be very careful that you pick ones that are in fact royalty free. There are a lot on Pinterest too, but difficult at times to know if they are royalty free if there is no source attached.... lots of searching to find out. For my vintage photographs, sometimes I do not edit them, leave the scratches as are, and other times, I do edit them as they are so poor quality. I use Photoshop (Elements) to fix blemishes, remove scratches, put colour back in, etc. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very interesting time away Sandra, look forward to seeing some pics. I saw your farming layout in the mag, love it & congrats on the publications

    ReplyDelete