Sunday, January 20, 2013

Victorian Bush Fires

This is an art journal page I've just completed.  
I will add journaling to this because I created it after my son and his family,  (seven out of their ten children) were evacuated from their campsite at Cheyne's Bridge between Heyfield and Licola in Victoria late on Thursday night.  They were in a camper trailer and tents so there was a lot to pack up, luckily they had the time to gather all their belongings and get out safely and return to their home. I felt so emotional because I had suggested they visit that camp spot.  The bottom of this page is a serviette of lavender flowers and I thought they resembled trees, the top is a mixture of paint, texture paste over a template of flames then more red, burnt umber and yellow paint.

7 comments:

  1. How scary for your son and his family (and You!)Glad to hear they got out safely. Your page is awesome, v. firelike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. it really looks like fire!! I'm glad they are safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, first of all, this page background is fantastic! So sad about your son and his family having to cut their holiday short, though - I'm assuming due to wild fires? Keep safe, hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning...scary, too....I have friends of Mum's who live Heywood way....can't wait to see this once you've done your journaling....you really are on a wave of creativity atm:):):) I was going to say on fire.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased to read your family got out of their site and are safe and well. It has been horrendous experience for so many... and I admire you for journaling about this, hopefully ease the tension and another memory kept - even if one that isn't happy, its so important to record the good, bad and ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dont feel bad Sandra... everything turned out fine, your family is safe, and thats the only thing that matters..but, it is important to scrap about the hard times as well as the happy ones.. we have been affected by fires this year too, I think alot of people in one way or another have been.. take care my friend xx

    ReplyDelete