Sunday, January 6, 2013

Get Creative January 1 Challenge

The challenge over at Get Creative  is all about freedom and expressing your thoughts they want you to  journal about the year that passed 2012 and the year to come 2013!.....
They want you to feel free to make a layout with or without a photo....
go crazy with paint or mists collage, stickers, different mediums, pencils, doodling, zentangling.... and the focus is the journalling!...

I began by painting with gesso on white card, then stamping with a script stamp and Staz-on purple ink, the next step was to spray in two different colours, one was Glimmermist Latte and the other Dylusions Blue.  I then sprayed over everything with Pearl Glimmermist. 

Ooops! missed a step where I glued some flowers from my stash before the misting.  Once dry I used Liquid pearls for some flower centres and also some pearl paint from Jo Sonjas to highlight some of the petals.  

I then stencilled the butterflies and hearts with a really cheap stencil from the Reject Shop (4 for $2).  The little flower stamps around the edge were inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink and I used a Molotow white pen to journal in 2012, a gel pen was used for 2013.  

The chipboard dates and flourishes were first dry embossed before using the Jo Sonjas Pearl paint to highlight the numbers and Liquid Pearls were used for the hearts in the centre of the '0'.  There's a little bit of sheer ribbon with a tiny metal frame hanging from one flourish.

16 comments:

  1. love the textures and colours, looks all amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture on this page!!! Beautiful colors! Nice work! Thanks for joining our challenge at Get Creative!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - I'm so happy to see you use your 'mixed media' on this LO...perfect show case! Those stencils were a find...but did you realise you PRAYED over your work, rather than SPRAYED??!!!! Mind you, you may've done both.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Sandra! Love your page, all the details and the journalling, too!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at GC!
    Wish you a happy crafty new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Sandra, this looks amazingly good! what a great idea to put paste over the flowers.. a great way to use up those really old flowers that i have heaps off... love this.. love the two tones of color too.. and my back ground is just random stamping, the circle paper with the ric rac around it is just an old dinner plate I use for a template... I hope you have a great week, and thanks for leaving lovely comments on my blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful page. I love the colors you chose and all your techniques! You inspire me to try new things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic page Sandra!! Happy New Year!! Sorry it is so late but I have just returned from holiday in Mozambique and trying to catch up with everyone :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful keepsake of 2012....stunning. So sad you lost two friends...your holidays sound wonderful. Really hope 2013 brings many smiles x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this looks fantastic, Sandra! Loving the texture you've created & how you've misted over the flowers so that they blend into the background more. I also love that there's no photo & it doesn't look out of place AT ALL :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This look sstunning Sandra. I think you have rock mix media!!
    Love that stencil and the flowers look fantastic!!
    I hope you have a beautiful 2013 after such a sad 2012
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Sandra, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment - I sure do appreciate it! This page is truly lovely - gorgeous colour and texture!!! I'm hoping to do more of this art journal style in 2013, too! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning-stunning-stunning!!! I love how you have split your page with the two colours that go so well together! Thank you for joining us at Get Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandra wow wow wow this is an amazing art journal page...and a fabulous take on the challenge!
    thank you so much for playing along with us at Get Creative
    I hope that 2013 is a year full of love hope and creativity!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous page!love the colors,structure and journaling. Have a creative 2013.
    Thank you for joining us at get creative.
    Channa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done ... lovely journal page ...

    ReplyDelete