Saturday, February 16, 2013

Trying a Canvas

I thought I'd give a small canvas a go, firstly I used gesso then Dylusions ink sprays and Tattered Angels Glimmerists and Mr Huey's white coloured mist.  I just kept adding, blowing and splatting the inks until I was happy.
The colours look so different here as I took the first photo inside and toward evening and the finished one outside and it was very sunny even though I was on the verandah.
This is the name of my grandson's screamo band, I made the name my own by putting the'B' back to front - no really I made a mistake -oooooops!!!

9 comments:

  1. Don't you just love mistakes that make creations unique and perfect? I love the B backwards, think it looks fabulous Sandra!! Your background is sooooo nice, love the colours and combinations of the mists and Dylusions.
    You asked about the bottle caps on my LO when they go into albums. Actually, the bottle caps are quite flat, and do not have sharp edges at all. I'm more concerned about the flowers and stamens punching through. If I am in doubt at all when adding to albums, I add a thin piece of foam to cushion between pages. Its only a few mm's thick and available from Clarke Rubber - they cut it to the size I want :-) Normally I pick 11", so it fits in without poking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Canvas Sandra! Luv all the mix of colours. The B back to front looks cool so I don't think it was a mistake either! Hope u enjoyed ur trip in the van! (Iv'e nearly organised myself to post something out soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tips above from Sandie!!! Great colours... WTG - your 1st canvas...YAY. And I LOVE the backwards 'B' & I reckon the band should run with that:):)!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous techniques, love the name of the band too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic.. love how the colors have turned out... And there are no mistakes in scrapping!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol mistake or not it looks fantastic. Fabulous design Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours, love the B too, it looks quite "cool"! Looks like you had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds all very therapeutical Sandra, and loads of fun. The colours looks so vibrant together, a lovely addition to the wall.

    ReplyDelete